Become a certified pro diver
For those of you looking to join the leaders of the pack, look no further.
The PADI Dive master program at Funnydivers is an all encompassing apprenticeship course culminating in certification as a diving professional.
This rating denotes you as a person who:
- has a high level of personal diving skill
- has instructor level knowledge of diving theory
- has had significant training in how to assist an instructor during training activities
- is able to assume appropriate responsibilities that benefit the welfare of other divers
- in other words, you're the cream of the crop.
As a certified PADI Dive master you'll be able to:
- act as certified instructional assistant to PADI Instructors
- supervise participants in PADI experience programs for un certified divers
- generally supervise both training and non-training related diving activities by planning, organizing and directing dives
- teach and certify PADI Skin Divers
- conduct the PADI Scuba Review program for certified divers
- enroll in PADI Instructor level training.
The training and experience you gain through the PADI Dive master program helps shape your abilities and attitude toward becoming a professional level diving educator. As such, many Ocean College trained PADI Dive masters go on to become PADI Instructors.
There are three phases in the PADI Dive master program:
1. Waterman ship and skills assessment
- waterman ship and stamina
- 400 meter Swim - without stopping, with no swimming aids
- 15 minute tread water
- 800 meter snorkel - only masks fins snorkel, no overhand strokes - no stopping
- 100 meter tired diver tow - both divers in full equipment/push or tow
- rescue evaluation
- general diving skills
- developing the 20 Open Water Diver skills to demonstration quality. This we will complete over a number of skills circuits
- you will have to produce an Emergency Assistance Plan and map for a local dive site
2. Knowledge Development
- diving physics
- diving physiology
- diving skills and environment
- supervising students in training
- supervising certified divers
- Dive master conducted programs
- decompression theory and dive planning
- diving Equipment
- emergency planning
3. Practical application
This involves training activities using various structured training sessions, simulated scenarios and internship sessions with actual Ocean College PADI programs. These training sessions enable you to gain practical experience as an instructional assistant and a supervisor of open water diving activities, both as a coordinator and as an underwater guide. Conducted as an internship over a minimum of two weeks, you will gain practical experience of student and diver supervision while working under the close guidance of our experienced professional staff.
Upon successful completion of the PADI Dive master program, certification is by direct application to PADI.
Please note that the course manual is required by PADI standards for participation in the course. You can buy the manual locally from "Funnydivers diving center "although it is recommended that you purchase and study this in advance to maximize your holiday and training experiences.
- full equipment hire
- lunch and soft drinks
- transport from and to the hotel
- Minimum age: 18 years
- PADI Rescue Diver (or equivalent)
- To enroll: minimum 20 logged open water dives
- To certify: minimum 60 logged open water dives
- Certificate of first aid and CPR within previous 24 months
- Be in good physical condition for diving and have a diving medical completed within the 12 months prior to your course.